Bring your $40 cash or check payment to Ms. Libow as soon as possible.
Every 8th grader in McDowell County has the opportunity to indicate which of the three high schools he/she thinks is the best choice for his/her future, based on current aspirations. All 8th graders should complete this universal application by February 14.
Students and parents can learn more about all three high schools at the meetings listed below.
West McDowell Middle School -- January 23 at 6:30pm
East McDowell Middle School -- January 28 at 6:30pm
McDowell Early College -- February 3, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
McDowell Academy for Innovation -- February 4, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
McDowell High School -- February 6, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
This application must be submitted by midnight on February 14, 2020. Students will be notified of selection decisions via email on February 28, 2020.
To see the information presented at student and parent meetings, please go to https://tinyurl.com/yb2wvseb
MAI families are you interested in applying for free or reduced cost lunch? See the application here:
Students at MAI will have:
1. Authentic and connected high school and college learning opportunities extending beyond the traditional high school campus that may include MTCC, NCSSM, service learning, job shadowing, externships and/or apprenticeships
2. Flexible scheduling options
3. A voice in their learning environment where they are truly connected to professionals and their peers
4. Choices in their skill acquisition
5. Time to reflect and learn deeply, and self-assess for continuous improvement
6. High expectations for critical thought, design, and problem solving.
Date: 2/20/2020, 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM
Steve Robertson to do pendulum activity with MERC
Mr Beamon on campus
Date: 2/24/2020, 8 AM – 2/26/2020, 4 PM
Progress Reports - 3rd Nine Weeks
Date: 2/24/2020, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
|Show Calendar »|
|Show All Events »|