Open House at MAI is Thursday, August 22 from 4-6:30.
Simple supply list:
Paper, pens & pencils, composition notebook, binders, graphing calculator (optional)
Students new to MAI can mick up Chromebooks next Monday 8/19 from 10:00 to 2:00, Tuesday 8/20 from 8:00 to 12:00, and Thursday 8/22 from 3:30-6:30.
Existing students will pick up Chromebooks at Open House.
MAI families are you interested in applying for free or reduced cost lunch? See the application here:
Students at MAI will have:
1. Authentic and connected high school and college learning opportunities extending beyond the traditional high school campus that may include MTCC, NCSSM, service learning, job shadowing, externships and/or apprenticeships
2. Flexible scheduling options
3. A voice in their learning environment where they are truly connected to professionals and their peers
4. Choices in their skill acquisition
5. Time to reflect and learn deeply, and self-assess for continuous improvement
6. High expectations for critical thought, design, and problem solving.
At McDowell Academy for Innovation, every student will experience personalized education and will graduate ready for college and career with a network of connections and experiences preparing them for their role in a global economy.
On Saturday, June 8, MAI graduated its first class! Congratulations to our grads, and good luck in your future endeavors.
Click the title above to watch the video.